BULLYING – HOW IT BREAKS MY HEART

From 13 to 18 years of age, around 70% females and around 60% of males have been bullied. Bullying varies from phycological bullying to physical bullying and it breaks my heart to see so many young Australians (and other youths around the world) suffering from this ordeal of bullying. Recently, a school has made a new rule, saying that if you don’t have your hat two times in a term (10 weeks) you get a Friday afternoon detention – where you clean up the school. It makes me sick to think that schools are focusing on whether or not you are wearing your hat instead of the 70% of students being bullied. In my opinion, if a teacher, a student or anyone sees anyone being rude or nasty, or punching and kicking, or teasing and calling someone names, it should be reported. Immediately. It makes my stomach churn to think that people are bystanders to this behaviour because they don’t want to be the dibber dobber that reports the bully. We live in a world where 70% of teenagers are bullied. Doesn’t that make your heart melt. And, to be honest the other 30% are the bullies. While people may hide it on the outside, they are hurting, skin deep. It breaks my heart to think that people don’t know how to deal with it, or that they feel as if they have no one to talk to. I’m so familiar with this feeling, I would know. You’re embarrassed to talk about to your parents, your friends are sick of you gossiping about it and strangers seem to look at you with disgust. Because they have heard the rumours, they have seen the bullying, and they have spoken to the bully. You feel alone, but you aren’t. Believe me. First of all, your parents will always be there for you to talk to. They’re your safe place, and you can always trust them. In the end, they  won’t judge you and will love you unconditionally. Secondly, if you’re gossiping to your friends about what an idiot this bully is, you may not be giving yourself the positivity you need to be showering yourself with. Let it out, but don’t gossip. It makes everything worse. Trust me. And those strangers, those strangers that look at you with ‘disgust,’ they are nothing. Nothing. They don’t know your story, they don’t know what has been going down, and they certainly don’t have any right to look at you like that. If this ever happens. Ignore them. It’s hard. But ignore them. Let it all out to your friends or family about how you feel like they all envy you and this person is turning everyone against you, but don’t let it get to you. Forget about them, forget about the bully, forget about the entire situation. Remember that you are one person out of 70% of other people in your situation. Some don’t have homes to come back to, most have it much worse than you do. Remember to not let it get to you, because the longer you hang on to it, the longer it goes on for. You aren’t alone, contact Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800.

Keep moving forward. Don’t let it get to you. Be strong. Be brave.

zd xx

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s