I love having vegan foods, especially throughout the day. It makes you feel energised, healthy and you there is no limit on quantities! When you’re vegan, you can have as much as you’d like until you’re full. There is no guilt in having one more plate of food or one more cookie.
Before I start, I’m so sorry about the lack of posts this week. I have been without WiFi for a week resulting in being unable to upload any posts. To make up for this, I will have 9 posts up this weekend. 7 for the days I missed and 2 for this weekend.
Today I’m going to show you 3 of my favourite vegan lunches carrying on from my 3 Vegan Breakfasts for you to enjoy and share with your friends! Even if you aren’t vegan, I would highly suggest you try these because 1. they are delicious and 2. it will show you how good you’re body feels after eating no meat or dairy products.
– The Big Vegan Bowl –
1 large sweet potato, chopped into 2cm (1 inch) cubes
1.5 cups chickpeas, washed and drained
1 cup rice of your choice (white, brown, quinoa etc.)
1 large carrot, chopped in extremely thin slices (see picture)
purple cabbage or vegetable of your choice
handful of greens for base – kale, spinach etc. (optional)
lots of hummus
- Preheat oven to 204°C (400°F)
- Place chopped up sweet potato on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1/2 a tablespoon of oil on top of the potatoes and toss until lightly covered. Sprinkle with fine salt.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Throw away and skin that has fallen on in the process. Drizzle 1/2 a tablespoon of oil on top of chickpeas and toss until lightly covered. Sprinkle with fine salt.
- Add chickpeas to the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove tray and flip the contents. Bake for another 15 minutes, keeping a close eye on them in the last 5 minutes. When cooked the chickpeas should be golden and the sweet potato should be brown on the bottom and fork tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice. Cook using the instructions on your chosen packet.
- Assemble the bowl. Add your handful of greens. Then put the rest of your ingredients on top – avocado, sweet potato, rice, carrot, chickpeas and cabbage. (see picture)
- Add a blob of hummus in the middle.
- Take some instagram snaps and enjoy!
– Moroccan Avocado on Toast –
1 avocado, mashed
2 pieces of toast
- Put a medium to thick layer of mashed avocado on toast and spread.
- Sprinkle moroccan seasoning on top.
- Repeat with second piece of toast.
– Salad + Hummus Wrap –
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1 grated carrot
1 tomato, diced
1/4 capsicum, cut into slices
Hummus (click here for recipe)
- Spread hummus onto wrap.
- Add the rest of the ingredients onto the wraps. (Add other ingredients you may fancy.)
“Before you ask someone why they are vegan, ask yourself why you aren’t.”