Habits are so good for your lifestyle, but as long as they are good habits, not bad ones. Habits make life 10x easier, but if you create bad habits it can also make it 10x harder.
Today I’m going to tell you 10 good habits to get into as well as give you a quick tip on replacing bad habits with good ones.
1. Making your bed. Making your bed creates a flow of productivity in your brain, which means you are more likely to have a productive day rather that sit on your bum! Also, it prevents you from sitting on it again.
2. Exercising 20 minutes everyday. This may be a little hard to get into, but once you’ve got it, you’ll be shooting for the stars. Exercising is good for your brain, body, is an anti-depressant and is proven to make you live longer!
3. List 3 things you love about yourself. This improves your confidence and makes you feel so good about yourself! Eventually, when you wake up or go to bed, you will think about what you love about yourself and become just an overall happy person! It will also make you realise good things in other people as well. Instead of thinking about the ugly shirt he may be wearing, you might think about his really nice personality. It will make you a more positive person and push all the negative vibes out of you.
4. List 3 things you are thankful for. I believe that everything happens for a reason, but if we take it for granted it might not happen again. It will create a trait of gratitude, which is adored by everyone.
5. Do a good deed everyday. Whether it’s picking up rubbish or talking to someone who looks like they need someone to talk to, it doesn’t matter. A good deed helps you, the rest of the community and the earth in general.
6. Practice yoga once a week. Yoga cleanses your mind and releases stress. Nobody likes a cluttered mind.
7. Be more mindful. You can do this through meditation or just noticing what’s around you. Sometimes it’s a wonderful thing to just slow your mind down, and focus on the present. (I highly recommend the app ‘Calm’ if you are looking for an app for meditation.)
8. Make goals. Goals are so good, as you can work your way up to the dream you have been fantastasing about. It could be to become fit (click here) or to smile more often. Whatever you want. You can do it. (See my post on ‘How to Set Goals’ here.)
9. Smile everyday. Smiling releases endorphins which make you happier!
10. Wake up early. Waking up early technically means that you have a ‘head start’ to the day. If you wake up at 6.00am, the people that wake at 7am have 1 less hour to do the days work. It also makes you want to be productive in the day!
11. Eat breakfast with your left hand. This creates a flow of knowledge through your head. It makes you think harder and not take breakfast for granted.
How to make/break a habit. It take 21 days to make and break a habit. That’s 3 weeks of forcing yourself to not do something you always do, or 3 weeks of trying to do something you don’t usually do everyday. That’s not long. At all. It’s less than a month. Come on, you can do it.