Day 16 of 30
Who doesn’t love ice cream? It’s smooth, creamy and so delicious! However, for all the vegans out there, it can be hard to find vegan ice cream, especially because it literally has ‘cream’ in the name.
Below is my favourite and most delicious homemade ice cream recipe!
You will need:
– 3 large zip lock bags.
– 1 smaller zip lock bag.
cacao powder or vanilla essence (depending on whether you want chocolate or vanilla, I like chocolate.)
soy milk (or other dairy free alternative).
- Place milk, cacao powder or vanilla essence and sugar in the small zip lock bag.
- Put this bag in one of the plastic bags to double bag it.
- Fill another large zip lock bag about one third of the way with ice. Add plenty of salt to the ice. (The salt has a chemical reaction to make the ice colder.)
- Place the double sealed bag into this ice bag.
- Fill another large zip lock bag about one third of the way with ice. Add plenty of salt to the ice.
- Place the bag into this bag. (You should have one small bag filled with ingredients, inside an empty large bag, inside a bag with ice and salt, inside another bag of ice and salt.)
- Be sure to make sure all bags are sealed properly.
- Wrap a washer around the bag so your hands don’t get cold!
- Shake, shake, shake! Shake for 15 minutes straight, workout for those biceps!
- Take bags apart and enjoy your beautiful, creamy vegan ice cream!
“Kill them with kindness.”