I know that so many of us have that desire to be bad-ass fitness gurus. But the process is tough and takes a lot of hard work and determination.
Before I start, I’m SO sorry about the lack of posts lately. I have been so unmotivated but I will definitely be trying to post a least one blog a week form now on!
Motivate yourself. Motivation is the key to success, whether it’s getting an OP1 (AUS) or getting into the Olympic team.
You can motivate yourself by:
1. Signing a commitment contract. We can make promises to ourselves all day long, but research shows we’re more likely to follow through with pledges when we make them in front of friends.
2. Visualise yourself in 6 months. If you have been working out consistently for the last few weeks, or even days, you would probably visualise yourself as a fit and healthy person. However, if you have been treating your body badly lately, you might visualise yourself ina bad position fitness-wise.
3. Reward yourself. This old, but good one. Reward yourself with a Netflix night or having a friend over. Don’t reward yourself with food (because that completely defeats the purpose) or something you have to buy (because usually you won’t even want to spend the money).
The power of habit. Breaking a habit is hard. So get into the habit of working out! But remember, making a habit is difficult too. Honestly, there is one simple way to make one. Workout. Consistently.
1. Try to workout 3 days a week for 6 weeks. DON’T BREAK THE CHAIN. You would have come so far, you wouldn’t want to break it.
2. Commit with another person. Do it with a friend or family member that is at relatively the same fitness level as you. Thi will totally bring out your competitive side (Orla) and you will definitely want to workout more.
Read a book or eBook. A 7-day workout challenge or 30 workouts in 30 days book is a great way to motivate yourself to be fit! It challenges you to, well, complete the challenge!
Nourish, not punish. (Post coming soon, keep alert!)
“Today you are you, that is truer that true, there is no one alive that is youer than you!”